Friday, April 13, 2012

Derby:)

VROOM VROOM  It's Derby season coming up soon. That means nights are starting to get later and getting more dirtier. I love to say I'm a proud cousin to watch on the side of the banks from the pit crew watch my cousins and their friends go hard on the other team. I like the nights sitting out in the shop talking with the boys and beating up the car. Though before you start derbing you must go through some very important steps to even start.
Here's your to do list if you're going to start.
1) Go out and find an old car! I'll help you get started click on the link and look through these. http://www.bismanonline.com/automobiles
2) When you have got the car start beating the sides and taking out the windows
3) Start welding the drivers door
4) next take out all the inside and make sure no glass is in it
5) Take off the hood and undo the whole motor.
6) Get on the computer and start ordering parts *Make sure you order more then you need you never know when you might blow a gas kit
7) Wait for them to come in then put together the car
8) when she runs good start putting new seats and interior back in
9) Start painting it
10) Enter in the derbies
11) Go ham on the other team and take the money home with you and your teammates!!!

There's a lot of work and dedication that takes place to be on a derby team. You must pull your own weight and do your part as well as your partners.I love the Adrenalin all the boys get when we wake up on derby days and load up the cars on the trailers and head off at 8 in the morning. They know the risks that can come from this sport but, they love to just have fun. Quoted from Wyatt Allmaras on team FSU "It's the thrill you get slamming into another car, how you and your buddies come to just have fun!" Hunter stated, "I like waking up throwing on my team shirt and dirty pants and knowing that me and the Allmaras boys could take it all home!" The thrill of going out and watching them makes the derby all more exciting. Though summer nights get late it's the thrill and Adrenalin rush you get to live for. This summer I am hoping to watch team FSU go ham on many other teams and take home the money. If you would like to see any of the derby's this year go on the website and you might just see me sitting on the side of the bank watching these boys Get-R-Done!http://www.usademoderby.com/2011schedule.pdf

2 comments:

  1. Never had I ever considered going to a derby race, but I love how you put the feelings into details. Someday I might have to join in on the crowd to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Brenna, I have never been to a derby race either, but you made it sound like a lot of fun to see. It's cool that you feel such a connection to the others in derby.

    ReplyDelete