Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cowboys Do It Best :)

Not many people understand the way of the cowboys! They think that they don't even have it rough what they do for a living. Have you ever stepped into the BOOTS of one?

You probably haven't. Those boys put their life in danger everytime they get on that 1000lbs. animal. Their daily life is nothing compared to some of these causual days that others do. When they step foot on those Rodeo grounds for the day their heart feels enormous and the adrenlin starts to kick in. The worst part though about it is having to be a parent or even worse a significant other. The fear we have as they put their life in the hands of this beast. It is okay to watch till something goes wrong. Just last week I went to the PRCA Rodeo in Fargo,ND at the FargoDome and I witnessed one of my good friends get hung up.


I was video tapping his ride for him but, then it all happen. He rode about 3 seconds then as he fell off the side his hand got hung up underneathe the rope. His feet were caught underneathe the beast and kept getting stepped on. As soon as all of this started I dropped my phone and sat in my chair starting to cry. He had to be hung up for a good 4 min. trying to get his hand out. When he was finally realeased from the rope he took a couple steps away and fell down. His chaps and jeans fell down a little bit. I talked to him later that night and he said,"I'm sorry I tried getting out but, my feet kept getting stepped on underneathe and I couldn't get them up to get my hand out."

Watching all these boys ride rank just to make bank scares me but, for them it's their lifestyle. Everyday when they go out and practice they find all glory in it. It's not just a game for them it's a lifestyle.So before you go and talk mad stuff about them remember they do it because they want to not because they have to.

To live the cowboy way you must be born country. You can not just wake up and say I am going to be a proffesional bull rider today. No! It takes time and it takes heart. You have to be willing to put your life in danger and your life on the line. There's things you must think about when you're going to do this and if you are go hard or go home.

These boys say the best prayer before they ride and here's what you should recite to when you're going to try and ride.
As I live the Cowboy Way,
Protection is what I pray,
I don't know my Fate,
Outside of the gate.

Remember its a lifestyle and it's where you come from it's not something you just get up and do. If you were meant to do it you would have started a long time ago.

These boys Ride Rank to put Money in there Banks! :)

If my ride sees trouble,
Send Angels on the double,

For in you the Lord I rest,
Let my life pass your test.
By pure grace I am saved,

Lord, ride with me,
That's the Cowboy Way,
And what bull riders pray.

2 comments:

  1. There is great description in this blog and it seems very informative and detailed. Maybe reread it and check to make sure all the words flow there were some parts where there could have been better grammer or word choice. It seemed to me that a cowboy/girl was typing this blog its got the voice of one. An excellent article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman, you crazy. & have a slight obsession with cowboys.

    ReplyDelete